Posted on March 31st, 2010 6 comments
My father came down from heaven in a dream and told me, “Enjoy your life.” I wondered and pondered over his words. I put together a list of ideas that I believe will help me get the most enjoyment out of my life every day. I hope you will benefit from my thoughts.
- Invite Holy Spirit to come every day to lead and guide me into true joy
- Pray in Jesus’ name many times in a day
- Worship God with my whole heart.
- Practice loving others in word and action
- Invest in friendships by making time for people
- Pray for others for their healing
- On my way to where ever, notice whatever God wants me to see
- Recognize my blessings and be thankful
- Read the Bible and meditate on scripture in order to apply it to my life
- Look for things beautiful and appreciate them
- Do work that includes doing something important, do things that yield lasting value; for me that means doing prophetic art and teaching
- Make eye contact with people and smile
- Notice kindness and say “thank you”
- Minister through my passion
- Listen to inspirational music
- Sing beautiful songs
- Change my outlook on hurtful past experiences by inviting Jesus into my past to change my perspective. Jesus said at the cross, “Forgive them for they know not what they do.” By saying, “they know not” he changed his perspective. With Jesus’ help, I can do the same.
- Purpose to resolve conflict quickly
- Exercise and eat healthy foods
Do you have any ideas to add?
Posted on March 19th, 2010 No comments
Righteousness will rise with healing in its wings (Malachi 4:2)
I drew this picture that shows healing coming from heaven to touch you!
A Ministry From the Heart
Theresa Dedmon loves activating people into creativity. As the leader in the Creative Arts at Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry at Bethel Church in Redding, CA, she helps people find their unique creative talent and then trains them to use visual art, music, performances, and drama to reach out to people for Christ. She loves mixing ministry and art. She teaches all around the world and has found that no one is resistant to art because it goes directly to the heart.
Theresa was inspired by her artist mother in a home where “creativity was just a normalcy of life.” She believes that since we are created in God’s image, we are destined to create things that are good. She believes that creativity is fueled by conscious or unconscious insight.
She teaches that there is actually an impartation into prophetic art that brings healing and restoration. “People are healed just by touching a piece of art,” she says.
Theresa believes that God wants us to minister out of our passion. If art is your passion, perhaps prophetic art is a ministry for you. She helped open up this ministry to me, and now I teach others to launch into prophetic art.
The other day Phil and I went into an assisted care facility for the elderly. Phil played guitar and sang. Some other people offered Bingo. I drew a picture for one lady that spoke of God’s love especially for her. I knew her heart was touched when I saw tears wet her face.
Try asking God to give you a picture to draw for someone else. You may be pleasantly surprised.
Theresa Dedmon is my favorite teacher. Do you have a favorite teacher? I would love to read your comments.